If you prefer hairless skin and are tired of the upkeep that comes with shaving or waxing, laser hair removal is for you. The process is virtually painless, and the laser can be used to remove both fine and stubborn hair on the face, neck, back, chest, bikini area, stomach, and legs – for women and men. Call Dr. Chow for professional hair removal services!
Laser hair removal is a non-invasive and effective way to reduce unwanted hair on any area of the body. The laser uses light energy to target the pigment of new growing hair within the hair follicles, damaging them and resulting in the hair falling out during its growth cycle.
Hair removal generally takes six to ten treatments depending on the length of the cycle, which is determined by your genetics and age. Laser hair treatments are performed once every four to eight weeks. The best results are typically seen on light skin with dark hair, as the pigment contrast makes the laser targeting the most effective. However, dark skin or light hair also can be subject to laser hair removal, although it may take more treatments or different types of treatments
Before your Laser Hair Removal treatment you should:
- Clean shave the area to be treated 24 hours before treatment.
- Skin must not have any sun exposure or tanning bed use 4 weeks before treatment. Sunscreen should be used daily.
- Do not spray tan or use self-tanner for 2 weeks before treatment.
- If you are treating your face, avoid any products with active ingredients (such as retinol, tretinoin, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, astringents and topical Vitamin C) 7 days before treatment.
- The skin treated may be red and feel like a sunburn for up to two days after the session. If the treatment is done on the face, it’s recommended to avoid wearing makeup for up to 24 hours. As the treated hair begins to fall out over the next month, staying out of the sun when you can and wearing sunscreen will help to protect the skin.