Different dermal fillers offer a minimally invasive solution to treat volume loss and deep static wrinkles such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines, sunken cheeks, under-eye hollows, etc.
However, choosing the right one can be quite a daunting task.
Luckily, dermal fillers from the Restylane® line can offer a one-stop solution that is safe and effective to address all your aesthetic concerns.
Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about Restylane® fillers.
What Is Restylane®?
Restylane® is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that is used to restore volume lost due to aging – making your skin appear fuller, smoother, and radiant than before.
Restylane® fillers can help:
- Add volume to sunken cheeks
- Smooth out deep static wrinkles
- Make your lips look plump and full
- Lighten the appearance of acne and other minor scars
- Fill in under-eye hollows.
There are different fillers in the Restylane® family and each one works on a specific area of the face.
- Restylane® Kysse is the treatment of choice for lip augmentation and treating smoker’s lines.
- Restylane® Refyne, on the other hand, can help reduce nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
What Makes Restylane® The Filler Of Choice?
Restylane® fillers are the preferred treatment for various skin concerns because of the following reasons:
- Restylane® products are designed to act like hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring compound in your skin that adds elasticity to it and keeps it moisturized – making the effect more natural.
- Besides adding volume to your skin, HA can also promote natural collagen production, rejuvenating it from the inside out.
- There is minimal to no risk of side effects at all.
- In addition, Restylane® Refyne is made with XpresHAn Technology, which gives it the flexibility to move with your facial expressions, resulting in a natural look.
What To Expect From The Procedure?
Before The Treatment
The treatment is virtually painless, quick, and requires no specific preparation before the procedure. However, it is recommended that you avoid taking any medication such as NSAIDs, aspirin, or any other blood thinners (with your attending physician’s approval) as they can increase the risk of bleeding and bruising at the injection site.
During The Treatment
We inject a measured dose of Restylane® at specific points into the target area with a very fine needle.
The depth of the injections may vary depending on the type of filler. For example, in the case of lip augmentation, we inject Restylane® Kysse in the superficial layers of your skin whereas, for nasolabial folds, we inject Restylane® Refyne relatively deeper into the skin.
After The Treatment
There is no downtime after the procedure and you should be able to continue with your routine right after the procedure.
However, it is not uncommon to experience mild swelling, redness, and bruising at the injection site, but that usually subsides within a day or two.
Some of the things you can do to ensure optimal results are:
- Avoid direct sun exposure for a few days and if you must go out, apply sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30.
- Avoid massaging or rubbing the treated area to avoid spreading the filler in the surrounding area.
- Apply a cool compress to soothe any discomfort.
How Soon Can I See The Results?
You should be able to see some improvements in your skin almost immediately after the treatment. However, it may take up to two weeks for the full results to appear.
How long the results will last depends on your skin’s ability to metabolize the filler as well as the treated area. Typically, Restylane® fillers can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months, so you might need to schedule follow-up treatments to keep your skin looking smooth, radiant, and youthful-looking for a long time.
If you have had enough of unsightly facial wrinkles, sunken cheeks, thinning lips, and acne scars, it’s time you try Restylane® fillers. They can help reverse these signs, taking years off your age and giving you a naturally plump and rejuvenated look.
At Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice, Lee’s Summit, Missouri, our expert injector can help you choose the right Restylane® filler best suited to address your aesthetic concern/s safely.
Book a consultation now to get a customized Restylane® filler treatment plan.