Aging, along with diminishing collagen production, can cause certain changes in your skin, such as the loss of facial volume. As a result, fine lines and wrinkles start to appear on your skin and if left unattended, they gradually become more pronounced.
Besides affecting your physical appearance, such signs of aging can also affect your self-esteem and self-image badly.
Luckily with Radiesse, you can achieve smoother, fuller, and younger-looking skin in no time and with minimal effort.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about Radiesse®.
What is Radiesse®?
Radiesse® is an injectable dermal filler made of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) – a naturally occurring compound found in your bones and teeth. It is FDA approved for treating moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as:
- Nasolabial folds (aka smile lines) – Wrinkles that extend from the corners of your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Marionette lines (vertical wrinkles that run between both sides of your mouth and chin)
- Pre-jowl folds on either side of your chin
- Wrinkles around the corner of your mouth
Radiesse® can also help treat the volume loss in the cheeks, jawline, and back of the hands, giving you a smoother, contoured, and rejuvenated look. However, some aestheticians may also use Radiesse® for treating skin laxity in the face, neck, abdomen, décolletage, and arms.
Am I A Good Candidate For Radiesse®?
Normally, Radiesse® is safe for everyone however, here are a few factors that make you an especially ideal candidate for Radiesse®:
- You’re 18 or older. (People between 30 and 65 can benefit the most from it)
- You’re looking for a non-surgical treatment to reduce the appearance of your facial wrinkles and folds.
- You don’t have any active infection or other underlying health conditions at the injection site.
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are not allergic to any components of Radiesse®.
What Happens During The Session?
During the procedure, we inject Radiesse® into the target area using a very fine needle or a blunt cannula. The amount of filler can vary depending upon the severity of your condition.
The procedure is quick and the injection itself only takes 2 to 3 minutes.
It is virtually painless but your provider may choose to apply a topical numbing agent beforehand or use Radiesse® Plus, which contains an anesthetic in its formulation.
Compared to other dermal fillers, Radiesse® is thicker and firmer and lasts relatively longer than other fillers.
What To Expect During The Recovery?
Since the procedure is non-surgical, it requires virtually zero downtime. Similarly, getting it from a well-trained provider ensures little to no risk of side effects at all. Some people might experience mild swelling and redness at the injection site for a day or two after the treatment, but these usually resolve on their own.
Some of the things you can do to ensure excellent recovery are:
- Use a cool compress over the treated area to soothe any discomfort,
- Avoid exercises and other strenuous activities for a few days post-treatment.
- Avoid direct sunlight for a few days after your procedure and if you still have to run a few errands, make sure to wear good sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30.
How Soon Can I See The Results?
You should be able to see initial results (such as fuller and smoother skin) almost immediately after the treatment. However, it can take some time for Radiesse® to increase the collagen production in your skin naturally, which will bring out the complete results within a few weeks.
Like all dermal fillers, Radiesse® is not permanent and can last for up to a year or maybe longer, depending on how quickly your body metabolizes the filler. Thus, you might need to schedule follow-up sessions to keep your skin looking youthful and rejuvenated for a longer time.
Radiesse® is the first ever hydroxylapatite (CaHA) filler to be FDA approved for deep facial wrinkles and folds. In the right hands, it can take years off your face and make you look younger than your age.
At Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice, Lee’s Summit, Missouri, our expert injector has helped countless people achieve just that by creating a customized Radiesse® treatment plan best suited to address their aesthetic concerns and goals. And they can do the same for you as well.
So, why wait?
Schedule an initial consultation now to get yours.