Skin laxity is one of the most common signs of aging. Collagen is the naturally-occurring substance that gives our skin lift and volume, and as we age, our bodies produce less collagen, which leads to wrinkles forming and the skin starting to sag.
Up until recently, a surgical facelift was the only solution. Today, the PDO thread lift helps provide an instant, lasting lift while restoring volume loss – without going under the knife.
Keep reading to learn more about PDO threads.
What Are PDO Threads?
PDO threads use dissolvable sutures to rejuvenate and lift sagging skin. It is also a minimally invasive procedure that can be done under an hour, unlike a traditional face lift.
Used properly, PDO Threads provide the following benefits:
- Enhances the skin’s texture and tone.
- Restores Volume.
- Minimizes wrinkles.
- Helps lift sagging skin on the body, neck, jowls, and cheeks.
- Add volume to the lips.
- Stimulates collagen production from within.
Are PDO Threads Worth It?
Here are more of the outstanding benefits you can get from a PDO thread lift:
- Minimally-invasive. Since the threads are only inserted into the outermost layers of your skin, a PDO thread lift is a nonsurgical alternative to a traditional face lift.
- Instantly noticeable improvement. The threads provide an immediate and noticeable lift for sagging skin, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
- Lasting results. Aside from an immediate lift, a thread lift also boosts the skin’s collagen and elastin production from within, resulting in skin that looks and feels better for months as the additional collagen kicks in.
- No downtime. After the treatment, you can go back to your daily routine, provided that you follow the aftercare instructions properly.
Who Are the Ideal Candidates?
Every patient that suffers from mild to moderate skin laxity is an ideal candidate for this treatment and having mild signs of aging is the perfect time to have this treatment.
Patients with more severe sagging or laxity may not be ideal for this procedure as they may require a more invasive procedure to get desired results.
Once you have a more significant jowling and sagging skin, you will not get good results as it will be difficult for PDO threads to solve severe issues.
The recovery process for PDO thread lifts is relatively easy and straightforward. It’s possible to experience mild swelling and bruising, though this should subside within a week so you must still consider taking some precautions during recovery. It would also be advisable to sleep in an upright position for a few days to help the swelling and bruising go down faster.
Since your skin may also look bunched up or dimpled, try to avoid rubbing, tugging or massaging it. Its appearance should improve noticeably within a few days.
A PDO thread lift is a non-invasive treatment that can give you instantly lifted, younger-looking skin that lasts months!
If you’re interested in trying this treatment for yourself, our qualified providers here at Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice in Lee’s Summit, MO will take the time to do a one-on-one consultation with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us today!