Dark spots, also known as hyperpigmentation, can be a common concern for patients. They can be caused by a variety of factors such as sun damage, acne, or hormonal changes.
The good news is that IPL photo rejuvenation can help improve the appearance of dark spots and even out the skin tone.
Keep reading and find out what else you can expect from an IPL photo rejuvenation treatment.
What Is IPL Photo Rejuvenation?
An Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment is a non-invasive procedure that uses intense pulses of light for skin rejuvenation. It is used to treat a variety of skin conditions, such as:
- Sun Damage
- Age Spots
- Acne Scars
- Fine Lines
- Broken Capillaries
- Vascular and Pigmented Lesions
- Dilated Blood Vessels (Spider Veins)
Please keep in mind that this treatment is not recommended for individuals with dark skin tones, currently have an active tan, or have recently used self-tanning products, as it can cause further discoloration.
An IPL photo rejuvenation is considered a safe and effective treatment option, with minimal side effects, such as redness, swelling, and mild discomfort, but these usually go away after a couple of days.
8 Things to Expect From IPL Photo Rejuvenation
The treatment is a relatively quick procedure, typically taking 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. Here are eight things you can expect from IPL photo rejuvenation:
- Improve Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation. IPL photo rejuvenation can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots and even out the skin tone by targeting the melanin (pigment) in the skin.
- Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles. IPL photo rejuvenation can help to stimulate collagen production, which can plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improve Skin Texture and Tone. IPL photo rejuvenation can help to improve the overall texture and tone of the skin by promoting cell turnover and stimulating collagen production.
- Treat Sun Damage. IPL photo rejuvenation can help to reduce the appearance of sun damage by targeting the melanin in the skin.
- Address Broken Capillaries and Rosacea. IPL photo rejuvenation can reduce the appearance of broken capillaries and rosacea by targeting the blood vessels in the skin.
- No Downtime. IPL photo rejuvenation is a non-invasive procedure that requires little to no downtime, allowing you to do your normal daily activities after the treatment.
- Customizable. IPL photo rejuvenation can be customized to target specific skin concerns and can be done on the face, neck, chest, and hands.
- Can Be Combined With Other Treatments. IPL photo rejuvenation usually requires a series of treatments for optimal results, and it can be done in combination with other treatments like microneedling or chemical peels to enhance the results.
It’s important to note that results may vary from person to person and it’s important to consult with a qualified provider to determine if IPL photo rejuvenation is the right treatment for you.
If age spots, wrinkles, and freckles are a big concern for you, visit us here at Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice in Lee’s Summit, MO, and let our highly trained providers assess if you’re a good candidate for an IPL photo rejuvenation.
Call us now and schedule your appointment today!