Have you recently noticed that your energy has started to lag and that you’ve been getting moody most of the time? Are you finding yourself short of breath when climbing the stairs? Have you noticed a loss of libido? These are all signs that you may need to begin Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT).
Keep reading to learn more!
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
Bioidentical hormones are artificial hormones that are chemically identical to the hormones produced by the human body, such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. These will then be used to help restore hormonal balance in men and women.
6 Reasons to Try Out Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Here are the other reasons why you need BHRT:
- Frequent Mood Swings. Frequently feeling moody is one of the most obvious indications that you need BHRT. Hormonal imbalances can make you more sensitive to external stimuli as a result.
- Insomnia. You may need BHRT if you experience difficulty sleeping. Insomnia also tends to lead to complications like irritability, depression, severe cognitive decline, and fatigue, to name a few.
- Sudden Weight Gain. Abrupt, significant weight gain is just another indication that you may need BHRT. If your hormones are out of balance, it could lead to a number of things that affect weight maintenance. It could also disrupt your body’s ability to metabolize fat.
This sort of weight gain also frequently coincides with your metabolism slowing down. In other words, your body is unable to burn off stored fat as quickly as it once could. When these two things occur, significant weight gain isn’t too far behind.
- Muscle Weakness. You might notice that you’re not as strong as you previously were, even if you haven’t yet experienced any muscle loss.
Muscle weakness may indicate exhaustion or dehydration, but it may also indicate a hormonal imbalance and thus, a need for BHRT.
- Mood Swings. Even if you don’t have regular angry outbursts or serious depression, hormonal imbalances can cause mood swings. You might be laughing on the phone with a friend and then suddenly, five minutes later, you feel melancholy or frightened.
It’s critical to get your hormone levels checked in order to determine whether a hormonal imbalance is what’s causing your mood swings. BHRT may be more appropriate for you than prescription drugs or therapy.
- Reduced Night Sweats. Why our bodies experience hot flashes when they cease producing as much estrogen is still a mystery. Some suggest that this is because as estrogen production declines, the body’s thermostat becomes more susceptible to temperature variations.
However, one of the most troublesome menopausal symptoms can be alleviated by using bioidentical hormones.
If you’re still dealing with multiple symptoms of hormonal imbalances despite your current treatments, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can be a great option.
BHRT is one of the fastest and most effective ways to address hormonal imbalance. At Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice in Lee’s Summit, MO, we have helped countless patients effectively address their bodily concerns and goals with safe and customized treatment plans.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us today!