Menopause signals a major change in a woman’s life and usually begins when her body stops making estrogen, usually occuring between ages of 45 and 55. While symptoms can vary from woman to woman, it can cause symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, and vaginal dryness.
On the other hand, men also experience a gradual decline in hormone production as they age. The decrease of testosterone usually begins at 30 and can lead to andropause. Men can experience mood swings, anxiety, and erectile dysfunction as a result.
Fortunately, the difficulties presented by hormonal imbalances can be lessened with bioidentical hormone therapy (BHT).
Keep reading to learn more about this treatment- and what benefits it can give you.
BHT is a type of therapy that uses hormones that are chemically identical to those produced by the body. Among the hormones most frequently reproduced and utilized in this treatment are testosterone, progesterone, and estrogen. There are several forms of BHT, such as:
Health Benefits of BHT
When a person’s hormone levels decline or go off balance, BHT can help, particularly when it comes to relieving menopausal and perimenopausal symptoms. It may also be used to lessen the side effects of cancer treatments or to help treat ailments like:
- insulin sensitivity
- thyroid and adrenal dysfunction
5 Reasons to Try BHT
BHT presents several advantages, such as:
1. Stronger bones. As we get older, we naturally start to lose bone density and strength, which can lead to osteoporosis. BHT strengthens bones and can help prevent osteoporosis.
2. Better sex life. One of the most common symptoms of menopause and andropause is the loss of sex drive. With BTH, you can maintain an active sex life since it can help rebalance your homone levels and restore your libido, as well as easing the discomfort that menopause can bring about during intercourse.
3. Better skin. During the menopausal stage, skin tends to dry up, causing more wrinkles to appear. BHT has been known to result in supple, more youthful skin with less wrinkles.
4. Less night sweats. It is still a mystery as to why women experience hot flashes when their estrogen production goes down.
Some theorize that as estrogen production declines, the hypothalamus becomes more susceptible to varying temperatures. BHT can prevent hot flashes and reduce the accompanying discomfort.
5. Safe and FDA-approved. BHT is largely FDA-approved and safe for most patients. However, you still need to consult with a licensed health provider to identify the best form of BHT that will address your needs.
Hormonal imbalance can be debilitating for anyone going through this big “change of life.” But there’s no need to suffer in silence, especially when BHT can help you alleviate the symptoms so you can take back control of your life.
Our qualified providers here at Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice in Lee’s Summit, MO can help make that “change of life” more bearable with BHT – so you can continue to enjoy life to the fullest at any age.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us!